Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cantaloupe the super fruit - summer 2011


One of the many highlights of this summer is how cheap these Cantaloupes are. I don't think they were made in China, LOL! But we've gotten them for as cheap as $.99 per fruit. I don't ever recall buying cantaloupe for that cheap EVER! But then again, I can't highly recollect what happened to me last week.

So the thing with cantaloupes, they are supposedly one of the few fruits that contains super antioxidants, some even calls them super fruits. So far, we've had great luck in picking them at our local market, they are super sweet and never mushy. I am not going to go into detail about the Cantaloupes as you can read about them on Wikipedia, but I just want to point out that they are very tasty and amazingly cheap this time of year at 99 cents compared to how much they cost in Japan, which is around $30. LOL!

How much are cantaloupes in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment